You can do several things in SooSL Web using the SooSL menu bar (the top gray bar). It looks a little different, depending on the width of your screen.
Wider screens (2 or 3 columns)
- You can click the SooSL logo to go to the main SooSL website, https://soosl.net.
- After you open a dictionary, you can click Dictionaries to go back to the main screen and choose another dictionary.
- You can click the name of a language to change the display language.
The display language is the language used in the SooSL menu, tooltips, dialogs, messages, etc. Sometimes people call it the "interface language". It can be different from the written languages used for glosses, translations and notes in a dictionary. We currently have English, Español (Spanish), Français (French) and Română (Romanian) available as display languages. We hope to add more languages in the future. (If you want to help us translate SooSL to use a new display language, please contact us.)
In the future, we hope to have help files like this one in other languages.
- "Send feedback": Ask us a question or make a suggestion on how to improve SooSL.
- "About SooSL": Read basic information about SooSL.
- "Reset display": On a dictionary page, change the column widths back to the default.
Narrow screens (1 column)
On a phone or other narrow screen, the menu bar is simpler, but the options available are the same as described above.
Click to open its menu and see the other options.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: iPhone web sites made easy