To add or edit the notes for a sign, first enter edit mode: click Edit sign in the toolbar. After you are in edit mode, if you see parameters instead of words, click Words in the toolbar.
You will see the notes after the sign's senses:
There is a box for notes in each written language.
You can add several kinds of notes:
- Who uses it or when (more than is indicated by the dialect).
- How to use the sign. For example, only in informal situations among friends.
- How the sign's meaning is different from other signs.
- How you make the sign differently from other signs.
- Where the sign comes from.
- Facts about the person or thing the sign refers to.
- Working notes to yourself: things you want to change before you publish the dictionary.
To save your changes, click Save in the toolbar.
If you are done making changes, exit edit mode to go back to normal mode.
If you have made changes and haven't saved them yet, SooSL will remind you to save them.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free help authoring tool