There are several places where you can get counts of signs, senses, or glosses. In SooSL Web (W) and SooSL Desktop (D), you get this information in different places.
- In About Dictionary (W) or Tools > About dictionary (D). These show totals for signs, senses, and glosses in the whole dictionary.
- In Search, for each parameter. These counts are for the signs that are currently showing in the gloss list.
- In Written languages (W) or Tools > Written Languages (D). These show the number of signs, senses and glosses in each written language.
- In Dialects (W) or Tools > Dialects (D). These show the number of signs and senses in each dialect.
- In Grammar categories (W) or Tools > Grammar categories (D). These show the number of signs and senses that have glosses in each grammar category.
Normally, there are more senses than signs, because each sign can have more than one sense. Also, there are normally more glosses than senses, because each sense can have more than one gloss.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create PDF Help documents